Sunday 23 August 1931
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Vincent and Coccinelle .
Street Scene, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Television Ghost.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1931!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1931 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- Richard Vincent: British chief of Defense.
- Coccinelle : French entertainer, a revue star and female impersonator.
- Barbara Eden: American actress perhaps best known for her role as Jeannie in the sitcom "I Dream of Jeannie" aired on American TV from 1965-1970.
- Hamilton Smith: American microbiologist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- 45th US Womens Tennis: Helen Moody beats Eileen B Whitingstall (64 61)
- Philadelphia Athletics Lefty Grove, loses 1-0 (Browns) after winning 16 straight
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?