Friday 28 August 1931
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Perkins and John Shirley-Quirk in Liverpool.
Waterloo Bridge, directed by James Whale, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while Shadows on the Rock by Willa Cather was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Television Ghost.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1931!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1931 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- John Perkins: Rocker (Crew Cuts).
- John Shirley-Quirk in Liverpool: England; baritone (Death in Venice).
- Cristina Deutekom: Dutch coloratura soprano and opera singer, famous for her role as "Queen of the Night".
- Tito Capobianco: Argentinian stage impresario and director.
- Ola Mize: American colonel Medal of Honor recipient (d. 2014).
- John Shirley-Quirk: English actor singer and educator (d. 2014)
- Roger Williams: English hepatologist and academic
- France and Soviet Union sign a treaty of non-aggression.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?