Friday 7 August 1931
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charles E Rice and David Jones.
Bad Girl, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 August 1931!
Which were the important events of 7 August 1931 ?
- Charles E Rice: American legal scholar and author.
- David Jones: American founder and CEO of Humana, a health care and insurance company.
- Jack Good: British television producer.
- Charles Rice: American scholar and author (d. 2015).
- Leon Bismarck "Bix" Beiderbecke: Jazz cornetist (In Mist), dies at 29.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?