Thursday 6 August 1931US date format: 8/6/1931, UK date format: 6/8/1931
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 6, 1931). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gary Duncan and Ghislain De Diesbach.
Law of the Rio Grande, directed by Forrest Sheldon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
On TV people were watching Television Today.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 August 1931
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1931!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1931 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Gary Duncan: American astrologer since childhood, a...
- Jean-Louis Chautemps: French jazz musician, composer and...
- Ghislain De Diesbach: French writer and biographer.
- Chalmers Johnson: American author and professor emeritus...
- Ghislain Diesdach: Le Havre Writer.
- Bix Beiderbecke: American musician, composer and jazz...