Thursday 6 August 1931
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Louis Chautemps and Ghislain De Diesbach.
Bad Girl, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while Grand Hotel by Vicki Baum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1931!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1931 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Jean-Louis Chautemps: French jazz musician, composer and author.
- Ghislain De Diesbach: French writer and biographer.
- Gary Duncan: American astrologer since childhood, a siderealist statistician and researcher.
- Chalmers Johnson: American author and professor emeritus of the University of California, San Diego.
- Ghislain Diesdach: Le Havre Writer.
- Bix Beiderbecke: American musician, composer and jazz great.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?