Monday 31 August 1931
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Claude Rolland and Noble Willingham.
Five Star Final, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
On TV people were watching Ruth Kerner.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 August 1931
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 August 1931!
Which were the important events of 31 August 1931 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
- Jean-Claude Rolland
- Noble Willingham: American actor best known for his role as C.D.
- Jean Béliveau: Canadian ice hockey player (d. 2014).
- Rolf Nilsen: Norwegian revue artist, singer, and actor.
- Jean Marc Beliveau: NHL center (Montreal Canadiens, 10 Stanley Cups).
- Roger Meindre: French clergyman, the Bishop of Mende from 1983 to 1989 then Archbishop of Albi from 1989 to 1999.
- Jean Beliveau: Canadian professional ice hockey player who played parts of 20 seasons with the National Hockey League's (NHL) Montreal Canadiens from 1950 to 1971.
- Alfred Haynes: American airline pilot and a regular guest speaker at social events.
- Marcel Planiol: French private law scholar.