Monday 31 August 1931
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Claude Rolland and Noble Willingham.
Waterloo Bridge, directed by James Whale, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Television Ghost.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 August 1931!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 31 August 1931 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
- Jean-Claude Rolland
- Noble Willingham: American actor best known for his role as C.D.
- Jean Béliveau: Canadian ice hockey player (d. 2014).
- Alfred Haynes: American airline pilot and a regular guest speaker at social events.
- Rolf Nilsen: Norwegian revue artist, singer, and actor.
- Roger Meindre: French clergyman, the Bishop of Mende from 1983 to 1989 then Archbishop of Albi from 1989 to 1999.
- Jean Marc Beliveau: NHL center (Montreal Canadiens, 10 Stanley Cups).
- Jean Beliveau: Canadian professional ice hockey player who played parts of 20 seasons with the National Hockey League's (NHL) Montreal Canadiens from 1950 to 1971.
- Marcel Planiol: French private law scholar.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?