Tuesday 25 August 1931
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cecil Andrus and Robert Connors.
Waterloo Bridge, directed by James Whale, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while A White Bird Flying by Bess Streeter Aldrich was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Television Ghost.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1931!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1931 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Cecil Andrus: American politician, former Governor of Idaho and Secretary of the Interior from 1977-1981 under President Carter.
- Robert Connors: American noted family, father of astrologer Stephen Connors; married to Ruth Steinbrecher Connors, eye color: hazel; right-handed, married once, 5 children.
- Regis Philbin: American TV host who, after years of popularity on a TV talk show, "Live with Regis and Kathie Lee," hit superstardom with his hit TV game show, "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?".
- Hal Fishman: Los Angeles based local news anchor.
- Peter Gilmore: German-English actor (d. 2013).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?