Friday 23 July 1948
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Samuel Maslak and Georges Ralli.
Key Largo, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Big Fisherman by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gabrielle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1948!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1948 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Samuel Maslak: American electrical engineer and CEO of Acuson, a medical ultrasound imaging equipment company.
- Georges Ralli: French business executive who serves as Vice Chairman of Carrefour.
- Theodore Trigones: American homicide perpetrator, he was sentenced to life in jail without parole for the fatal stabbing of a 13-year old baby-sitter while two young children slept.
- Michael Wood: TV Show Host.
- Ross Cranston: Australian-English lawyer judge and politician Solicitor General for England and Wales.
- John Cushnahan: Irish educator and politician
- John Hall: American pianist songwriter and politician
- Stanisław Targosz: Polish general (d. 2013)
- Progressive party convention nominates Henry Wallace for President.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?