Saturday February 23, 2019
US date format: 2/23/2019, UK date format: 23/2/2019
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces (see birth chart on February 23, 2019). The US president was Donald John Trump (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Theresa May (Conservative).
The King and I, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2019
while Becoming by Michelle Obama was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Enemy Within.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of February 23, 2019?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- See more
- Trucks carrying humanitarian aid from Colombia and Brazil attempt to enter Venezuelan territory. Two trucks are set on fire on the Francisco de Paula Santander International Bridge. (Herald Sun)
- Venezuelan people clash with the Venezuelan National Guard on the Venezuela's border with Colombia and Brazil. Three people have died in southern Bolívar State. (The Guardian)
- Sixty Venezuelan National Guard personnel defect to Colombia; three of them defect after smashing a barrier at the Simón Bolívar International Bridge on the Colombia–Venezuela border in two armored vehicles, leaving some injured. A video posted on social media shows the men with their guns above their heads in a sign of surrender. (Miami Herald) (AFP) (Reuters)
- Venezuela breaks diplomatic relations with Colombia and expels all of Colombia's diplomats; however, Colombia maintains diplomatic relations with Guaidó's ambassador, Humberto Calderón Berti. (Reuters) (Colombian Foreign Minister) (Colombia's Caracol TV)
- See more
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- 3 Borrowers Win Case on Eligibility for Public Service Loan Forgiveness A federal judge said the Department of Education had changed its policies without proper notice, throwing the lives of the student-loan borrowers into chaos. [..]
- China’s Entrepreneurs Are Wary of Its Future Behind the scenes, businesspeople worry that Beijing has become more interested in solidifying its control over people’s lives than promoting economic growth. [..]
- See all financial news of February 23, 2019