Sunday 12 August 1973
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Latasha Byears and Moses Ware.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to The Morning After by Maureen McGovern.
In UK I'm The Leader Of The Gang (I Am) by Gary Glitter was in the top 5 hits.
Enter the Dragon, directed by Robert Clouse, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Breakfast Of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing TREK73 or Lemonade Stand.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 August 1973!
Which were the important events of 12 August 1973 ?
- Latasha Byears: WNBA guard (Sacramento Monarchs).
- Moses Ware: NFL wide receiver (Minn Vikings).
- Richard Reid: British terrorist who attempted to light explosives in his shoe while on flight from Paris to Miami.
- Muqtada al-Sadr: Iraqi theologian and political leader.
- Joseba Beloki: Spanish cyclist.
- Marcy Borders: American bank clerk (d. 2015)
- Jonathan Coachman: American basketball player wrestler and sportscaster
- Todd Marchant: Buffalo, New York -- NHL center (Edmonton Oilers)
- Karl Ziegler: German chemist and co-winner of the Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 1963 for discovery of polyethylene plastics.
- WPBA National Championship won by Betty Morris
- Betty Burfeindt wins LPGA Child and Family Service Golf Opens
- 55th PGA Championship: Jack Nicklaus shoots a 277 at Canterbury - Cleveland
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 August 1973
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Maureen McGovern - The Morning After
- Wings - Live And Let Die
- Stories - Brother Louie
- Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
- Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
- Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Carpenters - Yesterday Once More
- Charlie Daniels - Uneasy Rider
- Bobby 'Boris' Pickett - Monster Mash
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?