Wednesday 23 June 1948
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nigel Osborne and Clarence Thomas.
A Foreign Affair, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Bishop's Mantle by Agnes Sligh Turnbull was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching At Liberty Club.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1948!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1948 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Nigel Osborne: Composer.
- Clarence Thomas: American jurist and associate justice of the Supreme Court the center of a nomination controversy when a former employee, Anita Hill, came forward to relate a sexual harassment story to the Senate committee ruling on his appointment.
- Myles Goodwyn: Canadian singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (April Wine).
- Luther Kent: American singer (Blood Sweat & Tears).
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?