Friday 23 May 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 23, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Maita Gomez and Anthony Holden.
That's My Man, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching In the Kelvinator Kitchen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 May 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 1947!
Which were the important events of 23 May 1947 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
- Anthony Holden: Journalist.
- Maita Gomez: Filipino beauty queen and activist.
- Bernard Comrie: English-American linguist and academic.
- Ann Hui: Hong Kong actress director producer and screenwriter.
- Jane Kenyon: American poet and translator (d. 1995).
- C F Ramuz: Writer, dies at 68.
- PC Hooft prize forms for literature.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1947 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- I Wonder, I Wonder, I Wonder - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- The Red Silk Stockings and Green Perfume - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- I Wonder, I Wonder, I Wonder - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra
- That's My Desire - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra (Vocal Don Cornell)
- Chi-Baba Chi-Baba (My Bambino Go To Sleep) - Perry Como