Sunday 21 June 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William Bradford Reynolds and Marg Margolies-Mezvinsky.
Mrs. Miniver, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while Drivin' Woman by Elizabeth Pickett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 1942!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 21 June 1942 ?
- Marg Margolies-Mezvinsky: (Rep-D-Pennsylvania).
- William Bradford Reynolds: Connecticut, United States -- US Assistant Attorney General.
- Togo D West: Jr.
- Marjorie Margolies-Mezvinsky: American TV reporter and Congresswoman.
- Henry S Taylor: American writer.
- Dean O'Hare: American executive and CEO of Chubb Insurance Company.
- Flaviano Vicentini
- Clive Brooke: Baron Brooke of Alverthorpe English businessman and politician.
- Dan Henning: American football player and coach.
- Marjorie Margolies: American journalist and politician.
- Henry Taylor: American author and poet.
- Togo West: Jr.
- President Roosevelt / Premier Churchill arrives in Washington, DC
- Rommel takes Tobruk in North Africa
- Seinheuer throws female world record spear (47.24m)
- World War II: A Japanese submarine surfaces near the Columbia River in Oregon, firing 17 shells at nearby Fort Stevens in one of only a handful of attacks by the Japanese against the United States mainland.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1942 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?