Friday 18 September 1908
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 18, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Viktor A Ambartsoemjan and Lise Børsum.
Not Guilty, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 September 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1908!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1908 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Viktor A Ambartsoemjan: Russian astronomer (Stalin Prize 1946, 50).
- Lise Børsum: Norwegian resistance member during World War II, survivor from the Ravensbrück concentration camp, and known for her writings and organizing work after the war.
- Victor Ambartsumian: Georgian-Armenian astrophysicist astronomer and academic (d. 1996).
- Cleveland Indian Bob "Dusty" Rhoades no-hits Boston, 2-1.