Wednesday 24 February 1926
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Alexander and Reginald Freeson.
La bohème, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while The Private Life of Helen of Troy by John Erskine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 1926!
Which were the important events of 24 February 1926 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
- Reginald Freeson: British MP.
- Jean Alexander: English actress.
- John Gunther Dean: American diplomat.
- Erich Loest: German write.
- Paul Bartholetti
- John Dean: German-American diplomat.
- Eddie Plank: pitcher (won 327 games in 17 years), dies at age 51.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I Ain't Got Nobody - Bessie Smith
- Show Me the Way to Go Home - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
- Sleepy Time Gal - Ben Bernie & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?