Wednesday 24 February 1926
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 24, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Alexander and Reginald Freeson.
Dancing Mothers, directed by Herbert Brenon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 February 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 1926!
Which were the important events of 24 February 1926 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
- Reginald Freeson: British MP.
- Jean Alexander: English actress.
- John Gunther Dean: American diplomat.
- Erich Loest: German write.
- Paul Bartholetti
- John Dean: German-American diplomat.
- Eddie Plank: pitcher (won 327 games in 17 years), dies at age 51.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Paddlin' Madelin' Home - Ipana Troubadors
- Just a Cottage Small - Franklyn Baur
- Sleepy Time Gal - Nick Lucas