Thursday 11 February 1926
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Leslie Nielsen and Paul Bocuse.
Torrent, directed by Ricardo Cortez, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Beau Sabreur by P.C. Wren was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 1926!
Which were the important events of 11 February 1926 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
- Leslie Nielsen: Canadian-American movie and TV actor who by 1989 had credits of 39 successful years of acting, including more than 50 movies and close to 1,500 TV shows.
- Paul Bocuse: French chef based in Lyon who is famous for the high quality of his restaurants and his innovative approaches to cuisine.
- Sir Alexander Gibson: Scottish conductor (d. 1995).
- Tokelau (Union) islands in south Pacific transfers to New Zealand.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Bam, Bam, Bamy Shore - Ted Lewis & His Band
- The Original Charleston - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Sunny - George Olsen & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?