Saturday 27 February 1926
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Emery and Richard Morrow.
La bohème, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Beau Sabreur by P.C. Wren was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 1926!
Which were the important events of 27 February 1926 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
- Peter Emery: British MP.
- Richard Morrow: American mining and petroleum engineer and CEO of Amoco Corporation, an expansion and heavy crude refining conglomerate.
- David Hubel: Canadian-American neurophysiologist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2013).
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Sleepy Time Gal - Nick Lucas
- Paddlin' Madelin' Home - Ipana Troubadors
- Just a Cottage Small - Franklyn Baur
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?