Monday February 01, 1926
US date format: 2/1/1926, UK date format: 1/2/1926
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on February 1, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Stanley Baldwin (Conservative), Pope Pius XI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Paul Guiramand and Stuart Whitman in San Francisco.
Saturday Afternoon, directed by Harry Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of February 01, 1926?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- See more
- Kirghiz Autonomous Region in RSFSR becomes Kirghiz ASSR.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 01, 1926?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Ted Lewis & His Band - Bam, Bam, Bamy Shore
- Isham Jones & His Orchestra - The Original Charleston