Monday 1 February 1926
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Guiramand and Stuart Whitman in San Francisco.
Saturday Afternoon, directed by Harry Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 February 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1926!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1926 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Paul Guiramand: St-Quentin Painters.
- Douglas Johnson: Historian.
- Stuart Whitman in San Francisco: California, USA; actor (Captain Apache, Ransom, Cimarron Strip, Revenge).
- Peter Crill: Bailiff of Jersey.
- Shane Devine: United States Federal Judge (d. 1999).
- Nancy Gates: American film and television actress who starred or co-starred in 34 films and serials, plus making a total of 55 television appearances.
- Kirghiz Autonomous Region in RSFSR becomes Kirghiz ASSR.
- Land at Broadway and Wall Street sells at a record $7 per square inch.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Original Charleston - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Bam, Bam, Bamy Shore - Ted Lewis & His Band