Monday 22 February 1926
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 22, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kenneth Williams and Nelson Bunker Hunt.
Dancing Mothers, directed by Herbert Brenon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 February 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1926!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1926 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Kenneth Williams: British actor and comedian who is most noted for having appeared in nearly all of the "Carry On" comedy films.
- Nelson Bunker Hunt: Businessman.
- Bud Yorkin: Producer (All in the Family, 1959, 1960 Emmy).
- Paul Naudo: Prades EXecutives.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Paddlin' Madelin' Home - Ipana Troubadors
- Just a Cottage Small - Franklyn Baur
- Sleepy Time Gal - Nick Lucas