Saturday 20 February 1926
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kenneth H Olsen and Robert Eugene Richards.
La bohème, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while The Private Life of Helen of Troy by John Erskine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 1926!
Which were the important events of 20 February 1926 ?
- Kenneth H Olsen: United States -- Engineer / founder (Digital Equipment Corp).
- Robert Eugene Richards: Illinois, United States -- Pole vaulter (1948, 52, 56 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Cameron Rusby: British Vice-Admiral.
- Richard Matheson: American science-fiction and fantasy writer who first appeared on the sci-fi scene with "Born Of Man And Woman," 1950.
- Kenneth Olsen: American electrical engineer and CEO of Digital Equipment, one of the leading computer companies of its day.
- Bob Richards: American pole vaulter. He competed in the 1948, 1952, and 1956 Summer Olympics as a pole vaulter, and as a decathlete in 1956.
- Robert Richards: Champaign sports Champions
- Matthew Bucksbaum: American businessman and philanthropist co-founded General Growth Properties (d. 2013)
- Gillian Lynne: English ballerina choreographer and director
- Berlin International Green Week in Berlin starts for its first time
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Sleepy Time Gal - Ben Bernie & His Orchestra
- Show Me the Way to Go Home - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
- I Ain't Got Nobody - Bessie Smith
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?