Sunday 24 January 1971
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joe Panos and John Reece.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Knock Three Times by Dawn.
In UK Grandad by Clive Dunn was in the top 5 hits.
Vanishing Point, directed by Richard C. Sarafian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Doctor Cobb'S Game by R.V. Cassill was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dave Allen at Large.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Oregon Trail or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 January 1971!
Which were the important events of 24 January 1971 ?
- Jim Ross Day - State of Oklahoma
- Roman Catholic Church - Feasts of St. Francis de Sales and Our Lady of Peace
- Roman Empire - first day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra
- Joe Panos: NFL guard / center (Philadelphia Eagles).
- John Reece: WLAF / NFL cornerback (Amsterdam Admirals, Dallas Cowboys).
- Tonya Crowe in Long Beach: California, USA; actress (Olivia - Knots Landing).
- Saalman Raelyn in Fostoria: Ohio, USA; actress (Attack of 60-foot Centerfold).
- Andrea Mackris: American television producer.
- Bill W: American activist co-founded Alcoholics Anonymous (d. 1971).
- NFL Pro Bowl: NFC beats AFC 27-6 (first Pro Bowl after NFL-AFL merger).
- Himachal Pradesh becomes the 18th Indian state.
- In Los Angeles, Charles Manson and three female ampquotFamilyampquot members are found guilty of the 1969 Tate-LaBianca murders.
- The Guinean government sentences to death 92 Guineans who helped Portuguese troops in the failed landing attempts in November 1970 72 are sentenced to hard labor for life 58 of the sentenced are hanged the next day.
- In Uganda, Idi Amin deposes Milton Obote in a coup, and becomes president.
- ''Intelsat IV'' (F2) is launched it enters commercial service over the Atlantic Ocean March 26.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?