Saturday 24 April 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Rude Boy by Rihanna.
Iron Man 2, directed by Jon Favreau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Shadow of Your Smile by Mary Higgins Clark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching How the Universe Works.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Arrow of Laputa or Civilization V.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 April 2010!
Which were the important events of 24 April 2010 ?
- Saint Alexander (died 178)
- Genocide Remembrance Day in Armenia.
- Republic Day in The Gambia (1970).
- Newman's Day.
- 24-Hour Comics Day.
- Saint Maria-Euphrasia Pelletier (d.1868)
- Saint Honorius
- Saint Fidelis of Sigmaringen
- Saint Egbert of Northumbria
- Saint Deodatus
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 April
- The U.S. Coast Guard discovers that an estimated 1000 barrels per day of oil is leaking from the damaged well underneath the rig that exploded off Louisiana's shore on April 20.
- In separate events, 29 people are killed in a suicide attack on a prison van, six NATO oil tankers are torched, and the Pakistan Army attacked Taliban fighters. (''Arab News'')
- Paraguay passes a bill, requested by President, Fernando Lugo, that suspends constitutional rights for 30 days in parts of the country after the Paraguayan People's Army (PPA) kills four people. (BBC)
- A tornado in Mississippi kills at least 10 people. (''USA Today'')
- Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva of Thailand rejects protester demands to dissolve the Parliament within 30 days. (Sky News)
- A strong earthquake measuring 6.1 strikes in the Maluku Islands north of Ambon Island. (''Arab News'')
- al-Shabaab seizes three towns from Ahlu Sunna Waljama'a in central Galguduud, Somalia. (Al Jazeera)
- Iraq holds funerals for those killed in yesterday's series of bombings in Baghdad. (Al Jazeera)
- Russia's Proton-M rocket sends a United States SES-1 telecommunications satellite into space. (Xinhua)
- An unmanned American aircraft kills seven militants in Pakistan. (''Washington Post'')
- Child sexual abuse in the Roman Catholic Church:
- In Chile, Catholic Church leaders and President Sebastián Piñera meet for more than an hour to discuss the child sexual abuse scandal and agree to send a letter to all the country's parishes. (BBC)
- A retired priest says he was ignored when he spoke out about Belgium's longest-serving bishop having sexually abused a boy years before his admission and immediate resignation yesterday. (CBC)
- Tens of thousands of people rally and lay flowers at a monument in Yerevan to the victims on the 95th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide. (Al Jazeera)
- Marchers march in a dozen Spanish cities, including thousands in Madrid, to support Judge Baltasar Garzón who has been told he may face a trial for launching an inquiry into the acts of General Francisco Franco. Falange arranges a smaller protest in Madrid in opposition to Garzón. (CBC)
- Former Nazi corporal and founder of Villa Baviera in Chile Paul Schäfer dies in prison at the age of 88. (''Philippine Daily Inquirer'')
- Wang Lequan, Communist Party secretary since 1994, is replaced by Zhang Chunxian as the most powerful official in Xinjiang. (''South China Morning Post'')
- Two German men held in Abia State are released six days after being seized on a swim. (BBC)
- The ''Cheonan'', which was destroyed in the Baengnyeong incident, is recovered. (Sky News)
- Mumbai's Oberoi Hotel reopens 18 months after sustaining damage in the 2008 Mumbai attacks. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 24 April 2010
Serie AItalian Football
- Inter - Atalanta : 3 - 1
- Palermo - Milan : 3 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Hertha - Schalke 04 : 0 - 1
- Leverkusen - Hannover : 3 - 0
- Mainz - Ein Frankfurt : 3 - 3
- M'gladbach - Bayern Munich : 1 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Aachen - Greuther Furth : 2 - 2
- Duisburg - Paderborn : 2 - 3
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Barcelona - Xerez : 3 - 1
- Valencia - La Coruna : 1 - 0
- Zaragoza - Real Madrid : 1 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?