Friday May 24, 2002
US date format: 5/24/2002, UK date format: 24/5/2002
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see zodiac on May 24, 2002). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Foolish by Ashanti.
In UK One Step Closer by S Club Juniors was in the top 5 hits.
The Legend of Bhagat Singh, directed by Rajkumar Santoshi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while Gone For Good by Harlan Coben was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Wire.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Break Nine: World Billiards Tournament or Command & Conquer: Renegade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 24, 2002?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- See more
- Russia and the United States sign the Moscow Treaty.
- An article in the journal ''Science'' reports that a new naturally occurring amino acid has been found in a certain type of archaic bacteria. Scientists are calling this new amino acid Pyrrolysine.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 24, 2002?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #5 R&B songs
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $41.00
- Apple AAPL: opens at $24.99
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $54.14
- General Electric GE: opens at $32.95
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $83.65
- 1 USD = 124.63 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.5332 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.5825 CHF
- 1 EUR = 114.81 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.6321 GBP
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on May 24, 2002?
On May 24, 2002 the day of the week was Friday.
What zodiac sign is May 24, 2002?
On May 24, 2002 the zodiac sign was Gemini.
Who was the US President on May 24, 2002?
On May 24, 2002 the US President was George W. Bush (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on May 24, 2002?
On May 24, 2002 the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour).
Who was the Pope on May 24, 2002?
On May 24, 2002 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
What was the number one song in May 24, 2002?
The number one song in the week of May 24, 2002 was Foolish by Ashanti in US and One Step Closer by S Club Juniors in UK.
What were the top hits on May 24, 2002?
The top hits on May 24, 2002 were Foolish by Ashanti, I Need A Girl (Part One) by P. Diddy, What's Luv? by Fat Joe in US and One Step Closer by S Club Juniors, Kiss Kiss by Holly Valance, Freak Like Me by Sugababes in UK.