Wednesday 25 April 2012
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye.
The Pirates! Band of Misfits, directed by Peter Lord, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Los Feliz.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bubble Safari or The Case of the Crumbling Cathedral.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 April 2012!
Which were the important events of 25 April 2012 ?
- ANZAC Day (Australia, New Zealand).
- Saint Filo.
- Official Red Hat Society day.
- Carnation Revolution commemorated in Portugal (National Holiday).
- Roman Empire - Robigalia in honor of Robigus.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of Haile Selassie's visit to Jamaica.
- Fuck the Earth Day - Declared by Jon Stewart in the April 24th, 2006 episode.
- Swaziland - National Flag Day.
- Faroe Islands - National Flag Day.
- Sinai Liberation Day, (Egypt), Celebrates the withdrawal of Israeli troops from the Sinai peninsula.
- Saint Anianus
- Alice Day - celebration of the relationship between Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll.
- World Penguin Day
- Easter Sunday - 1886, 1943, 2038. In the Gregorian Calendar 25th April is the latest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (22nd March is the earliest).
- Yom HaShoah, or Holocaust Remembrance Day, falls on April 25 in 2006.
- Festa della Liberazione, (Italy), annual commemoration to mark the liberation of Italy at the end of the Second World War.
- Saint Ermin
- Saint Mark the Evangelist
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 April
- Pakistan successfully tests the Shaheen-1A nuclear-capable ballistic missile, which is able to reach targets in India. (Reuters)
- Syrian uprising: United Nations envoy Kofi Annan describes the situation in Syria as bleak, raising concerns about reports indicating that Syrian Army forces are conducting operations against opponents. (Sky News)
- South Sudan releases Sudanese prisoners of war as border clashes between the two states seem to abate. (Reuters)
- South Korean retailers cease selling beef from the United States after a case of mad cow disease is reported. (Reuters)
- Figures from the Office for National Statistics indicate the UK economy has returned to recession after shrinking by 0.2% in the first three months of 2012, bringing about a much-feared double-dip recession. (BBC)
- A judge on the Cook County Circuit Court rules that the ''Amazon tax'' levied on Internet businesses by the US state of Illinois is unconstitutional. (''Chicago Tribune'')
- News International phone hacking scandal:
- Adam Smith, a special adviser to Jeremy Hunt, the United Kingdom Secretary of State for Culture, Olympics, Media and Sport, resigns over his role in Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation's attempt to take over satellite broadcaster BSkyB. (AP via ''Seattle Times'')
- Rupert Murdoch gives evidence to the Leveson inquiry, claiming former British Labour Prime Minister Gordon Brown ampquotdeclared warampquot on his organisation after ''The Sun'' newspaper came out in support of the Conservatives in 2009, an allegation denied by Brown. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know
- Fun. - We Are Young
- The Wanted - Glad You Came
- One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful
- Justin Bieber - Boyfriend
- Flo Rida - Wild Ones
- Nicki Minaj - Starships
- Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
- Kelly Clarkson - Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)
- Katy Perry - Part Of Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?