Friday 13 April 2012
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to We Are Young by Fun..
Think Like a Man, directed by Tim Story, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Daddy Knows Best.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Elemental: Fallen Enchantress or Emperors SaGa.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 April 2012!
Which were the important events of 13 April 2012 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 April
- Kwangmyŏngsŏng-3, a North Korean Earth observation satellite, explodes shortly after launch. The United States and other countries had called the impending launch a violation of United Nations Security Council demands.ref name =quotNK_satellitequot/ The launch was planned to mark the centenary of the birth of Kim Il-sung, the founder of the republic.ref name =quotNK_satellitequot
- Five people are killed near Skopje, the capital of the Republic of Macedonia, amid simmering ethnic tensions in the country. (AJB)
- A draft United Nations Security Council resolution outlines plans to send observers to Syria to monitor compliance with a new peace plan, as several people are reportedly shot dead after Friday prayers. (BBC)
- The Economic Community of West African States condemns an apparent coup d'état in Guinea-Bissau. (Al Jazeera)
- Bollywood actor Shahrukh Khan is detained by the United States for 90 minutes at a New York airport the detention draws ire from India's External Affairs Minister S. M. Krishna. (BBC)
- Spain seeks to deter Argentina's nationalization of YPF, an Argentine oil company majority-owned by Spain's Repsol, warning that such a nationalization would make Argentina a ampquotpariahampquot. (''New York Times'')
- North Korea's efforts to launch a long range rocket ends in apparent failure with the rocket breaking up soon after launch. (Reuters via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- A standoff between Chinese and Filipino ships at the Scarborough Shoal in the South China Sea continues. (Reuters)
- David Cameron's visit to Burma:
- British Prime Minister David Cameron makes a historic visit to Burma (Myanmar), becoming the first British Prime Minister to visit that country. (''The Independent'')
- Following a meeting with pro-democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi in Rangoon, Cameron calls for economic sanctions against Burma to be suspended in recognition of the changes taking place there. (BBC)
- The former president of Mongolia, Nambaryn Enkhbayar, is detained on corruption charges. (AFP)
- French President Nicolas Sarkozy admits he did not visit Fukushima while in Japan after last year's earthquake and tsunami, despite having previously said he had done so. (BBC)
- Bob Brown resigns as Parliamentary Leader of the Australian Greens and from the Senate. (''Herald Sun'')
- Clashes between protesters and security forces continue in Bahrain after Formula One chief Bernie Ecclestone announces that the Grand Prix will be held there next week. (ITV)
- Joe Vitt is named as the interim head coach of the New Orleans Saints for the 2012 season to replace Sean Payton, who was suspended earlier in the year for his role in the New Orleans Saints bounty scandal. (Yahoo! Sports)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 April 2012
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Fun. - We Are Young
- Justin Bieber - Boyfriend
- Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know
- The Wanted - Glad You Came
- Kelly Clarkson - Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)
- Nicki Minaj - Starships
- Flo Rida - Wild Ones
- Katy Perry - Part Of Me
- One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful
- Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?