Monday 30 April 2012
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye.
LOL, directed by Lisa Azuelos, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Lifeboat by Charlotte Rogan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Richard Herring's Leicester Square Theatre Podcast.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles or Crusader Kings 2: Sword of Islam.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 April 2012!
Which were the important events of 30 April 2012 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day.
- Mexico - Children's Day.
- The Netherlands - Queen's Day.
- Saint Pope Pius V
- LaVeyan Satanism - Walpurgisnacht, or Walpurgis Night, as noted in The Satanic Bible.
- Saint Eutropius
- Saint Maximus, 3rd century martyr
- Saint Marianus and James, martyrs in Numidia in 259
- Scandinavia - The arrival of spring, Walpurgis Night.
- Saint Joseph Benedict Cottolengo
- Roman Empire - third day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Blessed Hildegard
- Blessed Radolf of Affligem
- Blessed Rosemonde
- Vietnam - Liberation Day.
- Bealtaine Eve (From either Irish Bealtaine or Scottish Gaelic). Originally a Celtic Druid holiday.
- Saint Suitbert the Younger (d. 807)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 April
- Two bombs explode in the northern Syrian town of Idlib killing at least eight people. (AP via Yahoo! News)
- A court in Bahrain orders a civil trial trial for 21 activists who took part in anti-government protests and were convicted by a military court. (Al Jazeera)
- Troops loyal to Bosco Ntaganda ndash who is wanted by the International Criminal Court ndash take two towns in eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo. (BBC)
- The as of yet unfinished One World Trade Center becomes the tallest building in New York City, overtaking the Empire State Building. (CBS News)
- Spain's economy double dips, with a quarter of the population out of work. (Al Jazeera)
- An overloaded ferry capsizes on the Brahmaputra River in India killing at least 103 people. (Reuters via ''Globe and Mail'')
- A major fire destroys the Falmouth Beach Hotel in Gyllyngvase in Falmouth, Cornwall. (BBC)
- U.S. President Barack Obama refuses to comment on Chen Guangcheng, the blind Chinese dissident said to be at the U.S. embassy after fleeing house arrest. (BBC)
- South Korea arrests nine Chinese sailors after four Korean officials were injured in a maritime dispute. (AP via ''The Washington Post'')
- Three Taiwanese MPs and military officers visit the disputed Spratly Islands in the South China Sea, amid mounting tensions in the area. (''Bangkok Post'')
- A British government pathologist suggests Secret Intelligence Service officer Gareth Williams ampquotpossibly diedampquot from poisoning or asphyxiation. (BBC)
- Fugitive Sunni Vice President of Iraq Tariq al-Hashimi and his bodyguards are charged with killing at least six judges. (Al-Arabiya)
- Burmese opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi says that a dispute over the wording of the oath of office has been resolved and that she and her colleagues from the National League for Democracy will attend parliament for the first time. (AP via ''Huffington Post'')
- In association football, Manchester City defeat Manchester United in what had been described as the biggest match in Premier League history. Vincent Kompany scores the winning goal to take City to the summit of the Premier League table with two games of the season left to play. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 30 April 2012
Division 2Football (France)
- Lens - Le Havre : 2 - 0
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Man City - Man United : 1 - 0
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Sp Lisbon - Academica : 2 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?