Monday 25 April 2011US date format: 4/25/2011, UK date format: 25/4/2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 25, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mia Ziering .
In that special week of April people in US were listening to S&M by Rihanna.
Blitz, directed by Elliott Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Social Animal by David Brooks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Xanadu.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs 3D or Marvel Super Hero Squad: Comic Combat.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 April 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 April 2011!
Which were the important events of 25 April 2011 ?
- ANZAC Day (Australia, New Zealand).
- Saint Filo.
- Official Red Hat Society day.
- Carnation Revolution commemorated in Portugal (National Holiday).
- Roman Empire - Robigalia in honor of Robigus.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of Haile Selassie's visit to Jamaica.
- Fuck the Earth Day - Declared by Jon Stewart in the April 24th, 2006 episode.
- Swaziland - National Flag Day.
- Faroe Islands - National Flag Day.
- Sinai Liberation Day, (Egypt), Celebrates the withdrawal of Israeli troops from the Sinai peninsula.
- Saint Anianus
- Alice Day - celebration of the relationship between Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll.
- World Penguin Day
- Easter Sunday - 1886, 1943, 2038. In the Gregorian Calendar 25th April is the latest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (22nd March is the earliest).
- Yom HaShoah, or Holocaust Remembrance Day, falls on April 25 in 2006.
- Festa della Liberazione, (Italy), annual commemoration to mark the liberation of Italy at the end of the Second World War.
- Saint Ermin
- Saint Mark the Evangelist
- Mia Ziering: American noted family member, she is the daughter of actor Ian Ziering and his wife Erin.
- Guantánamo Files: (Al Jazeera)
- WikiLeaks releases classified cables detailing the interrogations carried out by the United States at the Guantanamo Bay detention camp, as well as the imprisonment in the camp of Afghans and Pakistanis, children, elderly and mentally ill, before later being released without charge. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Staff at Guantánamo Bay were instructed that any Muslim traveling to Afghanistan after 11 September 2001 was likely to have gone there ampquotto support Osama bin Laden through direct hostilities against the US forcesampquot, with any other reasons being dismissed as ampquottotal fabricationsampquot, making it difficult for the interrogated to plead their innocence. (''The Guardian'')
- Details of U.S. collaboration with at least 10 foreign intelligence agencies emerge, with Chinese, Tunisian, Moroccan, Russian, Saudi, Tajik, Jordanian, Algerian, Yemeni and Kuwaiti delegations assisting the U.S. with interrogations at the Guantanamo Bay detention camp, and China and Russia vowing to prosecute and punish any repatriated Uighurs or Uzbeks. (''The Guardian'')
- Details of how an al-Qaeda-linked militant duped Canadian intelligence agents also emerge. (''The Globe and Mail'')
- The U.S. government ampquotstrongly condemnsampquot international media outlets, specifically ''The New York Times'', for publishing the files it had wanted to keep secret. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Arab Spring
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- NATO jets fly over Tripoli on their mission to destroy Muammar Gaddafi's forces as loud explosions knock 3 television stations (Libyan Television, Jamahiriya TV and Shababiya) off the air. (BBC)
- Russia's foreign minister Sergei Lavrov calls for an immediate ceasefire. (Press TV)
- 2011 Syrian protests:
- An operation by security and military forces takes place in the city of Daraa. (CNN)
- Protestors claim that at least 25 people have been killed in the Daraa crackdown with the Jordanian border closed. (''USA Today'')
- Violence in Nigeria:
- A Nigerian human rights group says 500 people were killed in violence in the north of the country following the presidential election. (NgEX)
- Three bombs explode in the northeastern city of Maiduguri killing three people, in an attack blamed on the Islamist sect Boko Haram. (BBC)
- Cambodian and Thai troops exchange fire for a fourth consecutive day. (Al Jazeera)
- Iran claims that a second cyberattack (Stuxnet previously) has been attempted via ''Stars'', a computer worm. (Al Jazeera)
- Poly Styrene, founding Punk vocalist, dies in England of breast cancer at age 53. www.nytimes.com/.../poly-styrene-brash-frontwoman-of-x-ray-spex-dies-at- 53.htm(New York Times)
- Australia and New Zealand mark Anzac Day. Events occur in Afghanistan, France, Turkey and Vietnam, while Julia Gillard heads to South Korea. (BBC)
Sport Games on 25 April 2011
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Duisburg - Hertha : 0 - 1
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Zaragoza - Almeria : 1 - 0
Division 2Football (France)
- Dijon - Ajaccio : 1 - 1
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Barnsley - Doncaster : 2 - 2
- Bristol City - Nott'm Forest : 2 - 3
- Burnley - Portsmouth : 1 - 1
- Crystal Palace - Leeds : 1 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in April 2011?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
- All Of The Lights - Kanye West
- Did It On'em - Nicki Minaj
- Moment 4 Life - Nicki Minaj Featuring Drake
- 6 Foot 7 Foot - Lil Wayne Featuring Cory Gunz
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
- Love Faces - Trey Songz
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- Roll Up - Wiz Khalifa
- Racks - YC Featuring Future
Top #10 Latin songs
- Lluvia Al Corazon - Mana
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Violento - Gracias A Dios
- El Culpable - Espinoza Paz
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Cuanto Me Cuesta - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Llueve El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Estoy Enamorado - Wisin & Yandel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $39.23
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $95.97
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $87.00
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $41.06
- 1 CHF = 7.4084 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.8397 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9226 CHF
- 1 AUD = 7.002 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?