Thursday 26 April 2012
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye.
The Pirates! Band of Misfits, directed by Peter Lord, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Lover Reborn by J.R. Ward was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Los Feliz.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Borderlands 2 or Dillon's Rolling Western.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 April 2012!
Which were the important events of 26 April 2012 ?
- World Intellectual Property Day (since 2001).
- Florida and Georgia, USA - Confederate Memorial Day.
- Shi'a Islam - Mawlid, Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Tanzania - Union Day.
- Feast day of the following saint in the Orthodox Church: Stephen of Perm - also Old Permic Alphabet Day
- Trudpert (Irish monk martyred in Germany in 607).
- Lucidius (4th century)
- Saint Cletus (Pope Anacletus) and Marcellinus (Popes and martyrs)
- Paschasius (d. 865)
- Richarius or Riquier (d. 643)
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Alda (d. 1309)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 April
- Former Liberian President Charles Taylor is found guilty on 11 counts of aiding and abetting war crimes and crimes against humanity during the Sierra Leone Civil War.
- Syrian uprising (2011–present): Nearly 70 people are killed in rocket attacks by the Syrian army on the city of Hama, including many children. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011–2012 Bahraini uprising: Mourners and police clash at the funeral of a protester who was killed last week. (IOL)
- Seven people are killed in Nigeria after a suicide bomber detonates a bomb in his car. The attacks took place in Abuja, at the ''This Day'' newspaper offices. (CBS)
- Three members of the United States Armed Forces are killed in a bombing in eastern Afghanistan. (AP via Google News)
- Indonesia suspends imports of beef from the United States after a dairy cow with mad cow disease is discovered in California. (Reuters via Yahoo News)
- The Argentine Senate passes with an overwhelming majority a bill submitted by president Cristina Fernández de Kirchner to nationalise 51% of YPF. (Reuters)
- A Kamov Ka-26 helicopter crashes in Tulcea County, Romania, killing all five Ukrainians onboard. (ABC News)
- Missiles displayed at a recent North Korean parade are reportedly fakes, according to analysts. (''The Telegraph'')
- In the midst of the ongoing trial against Anders Behring Breivik for his actions on July 22, 2011, more than 40,000 people gather on Youngstorget in Oslo to show support for all those affected. (TV2).
- Japanese powerbroker Ichirō Ozawa of the ruling Democratic Party is cleared of charges of breaking fundraising laws. (Reuters)
- The Supreme Court of Pakistan finds Prime Minister Syed Yousaf Raza Gillani guilty of contempt of court but he is given only a token sentence of imprisonment lasting less than a minute. (BBC)
- The Special Court for Sierra Leone at The Hague delivers its verdict in the trial of former President of Liberia Charles Taylor on charges of arming Sierra Leone's rebels in return for ampquotblood diamondsampquot in the 1990s. He is convicted on charges related to aiding and abetting war crimes but acquitted of charges of ordering them. (BBC)
- Revelations surface that ousted Chinese official Bo Xilai spied on Chinese President and Communist Party leader Hu Jintao. (''The New York Times'')
- In a second day of evidence, Rupert Murdoch tells the Leveson Inquiry there was a ampquotcover-upampquot at the ''News of the World'', but that it was kept hidden from him. (BBC)
- In American football, the National Football League draft commences in New York City's Radio City Music Hall, with quarterbacks Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III the first two players chosen. (''Wall Street Journal'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know
- Fun. - We Are Young
- The Wanted - Glad You Came
- One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful
- Justin Bieber - Boyfriend
- Flo Rida - Wild Ones
- Nicki Minaj - Starships
- Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
- Kelly Clarkson - Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)
- Katy Perry - Part Of Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?