Sunday 22 April 2012
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to We Are Young by Fun..
The Pirates! Band of Misfits, directed by Peter Lord, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Lost Years by Mary Higgins Clark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Daddy Knows Best.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dragon Quest X or Endless Space.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 April 2012!
Which were the important events of 22 April 2012 ?
- Saints Soter and Caius
- Saint Leonidas (died 202)
- Brazil - Discovery Day.
- Saint Theodorus (d. 613)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 April
- Bahraini uprising:
- Renewed protests against the regime break out overnight with police firing tear gas and stun grenades at civilians. Chants of ampquotDown with Hamad,ampquot calling for the King of Bahrain to be ousted from power, are reported by witnesses. (RTE)
- King of Bahrain Hamad bin Isa al Khalifa issues a pledge of ampquotreform and reconciliationampquot ahead of the 2012 Bahrain Grand Prix. (Sky News)
- Despite calls for the 2012 Bahrain Grand Prix to be cancelled following the death of a man, the race is staged, under armed guard. (BBC)
- Turnout is reported to be low, though Salman bin Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, heir apparent to the Bahraini throne, is seen smiling and shaking hands with other spectators at the finish. (Reuters)
- It is revealed that Force India tried to pull out of the race and return to Britain but, after the team's refusal to take to the circuit, there was a confrontation between Bernie Ecclestone and the Force India team. (''Daily Mirror'')
- ''The Sunday Telegraph''s chief foreign correspondent Colin Freeman and his fixer and translator are arrested. Activist Ala'a Shehabi is arrested after reporting the arrest of Colin Freeman. ''The Guardian'' reports the arrest of Ala'a Shehabi. (''The Guardian'')
- Calls for afternoon protests at the destroyed Pearl Roundabout, the original site of the uprising against the ruling Al Khalifa family, get underway as the race ends, while protests are also held outside the London offices of Formula One chief, Bernie Ecclestone, with demonstrators chanting ampquotdown, down Bernieampquot and ampquotshame on you Bernieampquot. (Al Jazeera)
- Anonymous, which last week took out the official website of Formula One, posts partially redacted data concerning dozens of race ticket holders found on Formula One servers. The international group also posts a statement online saying it intends to carry out further action if imprisoned hunger striker Abdulhadi al-Khawaja or his family are harmed, promising to ampquotrespond with fury and rage the likes of which have never been seen.ampquot (NPR)
- British politician Peter Hain expresses dismay that the 2012 Bahrain Grand Prix has been allowed to take place. (ITV News)
- A United Kingdom Channel 4 news team is arrested with a Bahraini driver reported as having been assaulted. (Channel 4)
- One RKK (Runda Kumpulan Kecil) separatist group member and a Thai policeman are killed in a firefight in the village of Ruso in Thailand's Narathiwat Province. (''Bangkok Post'')
- Sudan launches a fresh incursion into South Sudan. (Al Jazeera)
- In response to an outbreak of an unidentified fatal disease in Quang Ngai province, Vietnam, the Vietnamese government asks for help from the World Health Organization. (''USA Today'')
- A 30-year-old woman collapses and dies while running in the London Marathon. (BBC)
- Egyptian officials scrap a deeply unpopular agreement to supply Israel with natural gas. Former President of Egypt Hosni Mubarak, ousted in last year's revolution, had been accused of selling the gas too cheaply. (Reuters)
- U.S. and Afghan negotiators finalise an agreement concerning the continuing U.S. presence in Afghanistan after the U.S. withdraws its troops at the end of 2014. (BBC)
- The United States investigates dozens of its troops in Afghanistan in relation to use and distribution of heroin, morphine or other opiates during 2010 and 2011 as the U.S. military struggles to watch its far-flung troops and monitor for substance abuse. (AP via ''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Russia and China begin naval exercises in the Yellow Sea. (CNN)
- Voters in France go to the polls for the first round of the French presidential election with François Hollande of the French Socialist Party and incumbent President Nicolas Sarkozy through to the second round. (AFP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Fun. - We Are Young
- Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know
- The Wanted - Glad You Came
- One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful
- Justin Bieber - Boyfriend
- Nicki Minaj - Starships
- Flo Rida - Wild Ones
- Kelly Clarkson - Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)
- Katy Perry - Part Of Me
- Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 22 April 2012
Serie AItalian Football
- Cesena - Palermo : 2 - 2
- Fiorentina - Inter : 0 - 0
- Genoa - Siena : 1 - 4
- Juventus - Roma : 4 - 0
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Augsburg - Schalke 04 : 1 - 1
- Hannover - Freiburg : 0 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Fortuna Dusseldorf - Union Berlin : 2 - 1
- Karlsruhe - Paderborn : 2 - 0
- St Pauli - Hansa Rostock : 3 - 0
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Ath Madrid - Espanol : 3 - 1
- Granada - Getafe : 1 - 0
- Santander - Ath Bilbao : 0 - 1
- Sociedad - Villarreal : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?