Tuesday 25 January 2011
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 25, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Hold It Against Me by Britney Spears.
A Little Bit of Heaven, directed by Nicole Kassell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Sentry by Robert Crais was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Green Hornet.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bit.Trip Flux or Dead Island.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 January 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 2011!
Which were the important events of 25 January 2011 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 January
- Egyptian Revolution of 2011 begins in Egypt, with a series of street demonstrations, marches, rallies, acts of civil disobedience, riots, labour strikes, and violent clashes in Cairo, Alexandria, and throughout other cities in Egypt.
- At least 10 people are killed near a Shia Muslim procession in Lahore, while two other people are killed in an attack in Karachi. (''The Hindu'')
- At least three people are killed in a clash between the Sudanese army and rebels in Darfur. (Reuters)
- Four people are killed and 18 injured after a bus bombing in the Philippine capital Manila. (UPI)
- Callixte Mbarushimana, the rebel leader accused of committing war crimes in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, is extradited from France to the International Criminal Court in The Hague. (Radio Netherlands)
- Somali pirates hijack a German cargo ship. (Bloomberg)
- Gunmen open fire on a crowd at a soccer game in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, killing seven people. (CNN)
- Insurgents kill nine civilians and injure two others in a bombing in southern Thailand. (CNN)
- The nominees for the 83rd Academy Awards are announced, with ''The King's Speech'' receiving twelve nominations. (BBC)
- Jo Shapcott wins the 2010 Costa Book Awards for her book of poetry ''Of Mutability'', the second consecutive year that poetry has won the prize. (''The Irish Times'')
- The Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) abandons plans to ceate a new mark-to-market rule for the value of the loans that banks carry on their books. (Bloomberg)
- The Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission, a panel appointed by the United States Congress to study the causes of the 2007-08 financial crisis, refers certain cases of potentially criminal action to the Justice Department. The names of the suspected individuals have not been disclosed. (Reuters)
- Statistics indicate that Britain's economy contracted by 0.5% during the final quarter of 2010. (BBC)
- Around 2,000 ampquotyellow shirtampquot protesters in Thailand demonstrate over the government's handling of a border dispute with Cambodia. (Thai News Agency)
- U.S. envoy Jeffrey Feltman expresses his hope that the ampquotexampleampquot of the ongoing Tunisian uprising can bring reform to other parts of region, despite U.S. backing for the deposed Zine El Abidine Ben Ali regime. (Al Jazeera)
- The head of the African Union travels to Ivory Coast to visit Laurent Gbagbo and Alassane Ouattara who both claim to be the country's president. (AFP via Google News)
- The United States describes the Israeli commission of inquiry into the May 2010 Gaza flotilla raid as ampquotan independent report, credible and impartial and transparentampquot, but says the “primary forum” for examining the event was the international committee operating under the auspices of UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- A U.S. judge sentences Ahmed Ghailani, the first Guantanamo detainee to have a civilian trial in America, to life imprisonment for conspiracy to destroy government buildings. He was found ampquotnot guiltyampquot of 285 other charges filed against him, including 200 counts of murder and dozens of other charges. (BBC)
- Former British Conservative Party peer Lord Taylor of Warwick is convicted of making £11,277 in false parliamentary expenses claims. (BBC)
- Albania's main opposition leader Edi Rama calls for more protests and calls on the international community to mediate in the country's political crisis. (Al Jazeera)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 25 January 2011
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Doncaster - Barnsley : 0 - 2
- Nott'm Forest - Bristol City : 1 - 0
- Portsmouth - Burnley : 1 - 2
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Altrincham - Hayes & Yeading : 4 - 2
- Barrow - Histon : 1 - 1
- Bath City - AFC Wimbledon : 2 - 2
- Crawley Town - Cambridge : 3 - 0
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Dumbarton - Forfar : 1 - 2
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Albion Rvs - Annan Athletic : 0 - 0
- Arbroath - East Stirling : 3 - 5
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me
- Bruno Mars - Grenade
- Katy Perry - Firework
- Rihanna - What's My Name?
- Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow
- Enrique Iglesias - Tonight (I'm Lovin' You)
- Ke$ha - We R Who We R
- P!nk - Raise Your Glass
- The Time (Dirty Bit) - The Black Eyed Peas
- Bruno Mars - Just The Way You Are
Top #10 R&B songs
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- What's My Name? - Rihanna Featuring Drake
- Aston Martin Music - Rick Ross Featuring Drake & Chrisette Michele
- No BS - Chris Brown
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Keri Hilson - Pretty Girl Rock
- Fall For Your Type - Jamie Foxx Featuring Drake
- Lay It Down - Lloyd
- Make A Movie - Twista Featuring Chris Brown
- Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow
Top #10 Latin songs
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
- Bon, Bon - Pitbull
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Arrastrando Las Patas - Larry Hernandez
- Lo Mejor De Mi Vida Eres Tu - Ricky Martin Featuring Natalia Jimenez
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- La Despedida - Daddy Yankee
Top #10 Rock songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
While Westerners often take shortcuts to get to the results assigned to them, the Chinese often expect a long, complicated negotiation process. Experts offer advice on bridging these cultural differences. [..]
Representative Eric Cantor said states already had the tools needed to ease deep budget deficits, so they did not need the authority to declare bankruptcy. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $38.14
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $94.13
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $81.46
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $47.76
- 1 CHF = 6.9902 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.6042 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9451 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.563 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?