Monday 25 January 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 25, 1954). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Grossman (author) and Ricardo Bochini.
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
Red Garters, directed by George Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while The Unconquered by Ben Ames Williams was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Mask.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 January 1954
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1954!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1954 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- David Grossman (author)
- Ricardo Bochini: Argentinian footballer and manager.
- Kim Gandy: American feminist.
- Joe Conason: Journalist.
- Renate Dorrestein: Dutch journalist and author.
- Kay Cottee: Australian maritime sailor.
- Condredge Holloway in Alabama: USA; Canadian Football League quarterback (Ottawa Roughriders, Toronto Argonauts).
- Manabendra Nath Roy: Indian political activist (Born 1887).
- The foreign ministers of the United States, Britain, France and the Soviet Union meet at the Berlin Conference.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?