Monday 25 January 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Grossman (author) and Ricardo Bochini.
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
David and Bathsheba, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while The Power Of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Waterfront.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1954!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 25 January 1954 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- David Grossman (author)
- Ricardo Bochini: Argentinian footballer and manager.
- Condredge Holloway in Alabama: USA; Canadian Football League quarterback (Ottawa Roughriders, Toronto Argonauts).
- Kim Gandy: American feminist.
- Kay Cottee: Australian maritime sailor.
- Renate Dorrestein: Dutch journalist and author.
- Manabendra Nath Roy: Indian political activist (Born 1887).
- The foreign ministers of the United States, Britain, France and the Soviet Union meet at the Berlin Conference.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1954 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?