Tuesday 19 January 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 19, 1954). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Katey Sagal and Thierry Jonquet.
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
Go Man Go, directed by James Wong Howe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Confidential File.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 January 1954
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1954!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1954 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Katey Sagal: American actress, perhaps best known for her role as Peg in "Married with Children, " a long-running popular TV series (1987-1997).
- Thierry Jonquet: French writer who specialised in crime novels with political themes.
- Cindy Sherman: American photographer, a highly respected New Yorker who frequently presents herself as the subject and model of her photographs.
- Clifford Tabin: American geneticist and academic.
- Katey Sagal in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Peg Bundy - Married With Children).
- Katharina Thalbach: German actress and film director.
- Steve DeBerg NFL quarterback (Denver Broncos: Kansas City Chiefs, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, San Francisco 49ers).
- Sally Amis: Welsh noted family member, the daughter of British writer, Kingsley Amis.
- Theodor Kaluza: German mathematician and physicist (Born 1885).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1954 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?