Wednesday 6 January 1954, Epiphany
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anthony Minghella and Trudie Styler.
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
Calamity Jane, directed by David Butler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mary Anne by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Mask.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 January 1954
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1954!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1954 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Anthony Minghella: English director and screenwriter (d. 2008).
- Trudie Styler: English actress and producer.
- Masahiro Kobayashi
- Norbert Hahn in the German Democratic Republic two-man luge (Olympics-gold-1976: 1980).
- Karen Moras: Australian swimmer and coach.
- Hans Robert Hiegel: German architect.
- Yuji Horii: Japanese video game designer created Dragon Quest.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?