Wednesday 6 January 1954, Epiphany
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anthony Minghella and Trudie Styler.
In UK Answer Me by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
David and Bathsheba, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Time And Time Again by James Hilton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Inner Sanctum.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1954!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 6 January 1954 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Anthony Minghella: English director and screenwriter (d. 2008).
- Trudie Styler: English actress and producer.
- Masahiro Kobayashi
- Karen Moras: Australian swimmer and coach.
- Norbert Hahn in the German Democratic Republic two-man luge (Olympics-gold-1976: 1980).
- Hans Robert Hiegel: German architect.
- Yuji Horii: Japanese video game designer created Dragon Quest.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?