Saturday 9 January 1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lance Hoppens rocker (Orleans - "Still the One" and Philippa Gregory.
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
Calamity Jane, directed by David Butler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not as a Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Confidential File.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 January 1954
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1954!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1954 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Lance Hoppens rocker (Orleans - "Still the One": "Dance With Me").
- Philippa Gregory: Kenyan-English author and academic.
- Bert Olmstead, Montreal Canadiens, ties NHL record of 8 points in game.
- Bollingen Prize for poetry awarded to Louise Bogan and Leonie Adams.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?