Saturday 9 January 1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 9, 1954). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lance Hoppens rocker (Orleans - "Still the One" and Philippa Gregory.
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
It Should Happen to You, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Love Is A Bridge by Charles Bracelen Flood was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Mask.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 January 1954
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1954!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1954 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Lance Hoppens rocker (Orleans - "Still the One": "Dance With Me").
- Philippa Gregory: Kenyan-English author and academic.
- Bert Olmstead, Montreal Canadiens, ties NHL record of 8 points in game.
- Bollingen Prize for poetry awarded to Louise Bogan and Leonie Adams.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?