Saturday 23 January 1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marjorie Wallace and Rick Finch.
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
Go Man Go, directed by James Wong Howe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not as a Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Friends and Neighbours.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 January 1954
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1954!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1954 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Marjorie Wallace
- Rick Finch: Rocker (KC & Sunshine Band-Give It).
- Franco De Vita in Caracas: Venezuela; Spanish singer (Extranjero).
- Marjie Wallace: American Beauty Queen who won the title of Miss World in 1973, but forfeited her title due to alleged romantic promiscuity.
- Edward Ka-spel: English singer / songwriter (Legendary Pink Dots).
- Trevor Hohns: Australian cricketer.
- Fumiyo Kohinata: Japanese actor.
- Franco De Vita: Venezuelan singer-songwriter.
- Harry van Thorn chosen chairman of Dutch KVP.
- Longest undefeated streak in Toronto Maple Leaf history (18 games).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1954 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?