Saturday 25 June 1960
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alain Bazot and Aldo Serena.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Cathy's Clown by The Everly Brothers.
In UK Three Steps To Heaven by Eddie Cochran was in the top 5 hits.
13 Ghosts, directed by William Castle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Comedy Spot.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 June 1960!
Which were the important events of 25 June 1960 ?
- Alain Bazot: French business leader, president of l'UFC-Que Choisir.
- Aldo Serena: Italian soccer/football player, he played for Montebelluna (1977–1978), Internazionale Milano (1978–1979, 1981–1982, 1983–1984, 1987–1991), Como (1979–1980), Bari (1980–1981), AC Milan (1982–1983, 1991–1993), Torino (1984–1985), and Juventus (1985–1987).
- Alastair Bruce of Crionaich: English-Scottish journalist and author.
- Craig Johnston: South African-Australian footballer and photographer.
- Brian Hayward: Canadian ice hockey player and sportscaster.
- Earthquake in NE Belgium
- Madagascar gains independence of France
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Everly Brothers - Cathy's Clown
- Connie Francis - Everybody's Somebody's Fool
- Jack Scott - Burning Bridges
- Jimmy Jones - Good Timin'
- Bobby Rydell - Swingin' School
- Hollywood Argyles - Alley-Oop
- Anita Bryant - Paper Roses
- Ron Holden - Love You So
- Jeanne Black - He'll Have To Stay
- Elvis Presley - Stuck On You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?