Thursday April 25, 1974US date format: 4/25/1974, UK date format: 25/4/1974
This day in 30 sec.
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 25, 1974). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Emmanuel Burdeau and Sandra Borgmann.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia) by MFSB.
In UK Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks was in the top 5 hits.
Dark Star, directed by John Carpenter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Cogan'S Trade by George Higgins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching My Old Man.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Qwak! or Spasim.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 April 1974
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 April 1974!
Which were the important events of 25 April 1974 ?
- ANZAC Day (Australia, New Zealand).
- Saint Filo.
- Official Red Hat Society day.
- Carnation Revolution commemorated in Portugal (National Holiday).
- Roman Empire - Robigalia in honor of Robigus.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of Haile Selassie's visit to Jamaica.
- Fuck the Earth Day - Declared by Jon Stewart in the April 24th, 2006 episode.
- Swaziland - National Flag Day.
- Faroe Islands - National Flag Day.
- Sinai Liberation Day, (Egypt), Celebrates the withdrawal of Israeli troops from the Sinai peninsula.
- Saint Anianus
- Alice Day - celebration of the relationship between Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll.
- World Penguin Day
- Easter Sunday - 1886, 1943, 2038. In the Gregorian Calendar 25th April is the latest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (22nd March is the earliest).
- Yom HaShoah, or Holocaust Remembrance Day, falls on April 25 in 2006.
- Festa della Liberazione, (Italy), annual commemoration to mark the liberation of Italy at the end of the Second World War.
- Saint Ermin
- Saint Mark the Evangelist
- Emmanuel Burdeau
- Sandra Borgmann
- Brad Hassell: Australian soccer striker (Olyroos, Olympics - 1996).
- Tricia Dunn: Ice hockey forward (USA, Olympics - 1998).
- Libor Prochazka: hockey defenseman (Team Czechoslovakia Olympics-gold-1998).
- Eric Kripke: Director.
- Louis Alphonse de Bourbon : Spanish-French nobility, a legitimist pretender to the defunct French throne as Louis XX.
- Louis Alphonse: Duke of Anjou.
- Dean Phoenix: American gay pornographic actor.
- Twan Russell: linebacker (Washington Redskins).
- Derek Luke: Actor.
- NFL moves the goal posts and adopts sudden-death playoff.
- Marcello Caetano overthrown in Portugal; he is exiled to Madeira and later to Brazil (Carnation revolution).
- Leo Tindemans forms Belgium government.
- An all-female Japanese team summits Manaslu in Nepal, becoming the first women to climb an 8,000 metre peak.
- The Expo '74 World's Fair opens in Spokane, Washington.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- MFSB - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me
- Grand Funk - The Loco-Motion
- Ringo Starr - Oh My My
- Blue Swede - Hooked On A Feeling
- Redbone - Come And Get Your Love
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Jim Croce - I'll Have To Say I Love You In A Song
- Bobby Womack - Lookin' For A Love
Top #10 R&B songs
- James Brown - The Payback
- MFSB Featuring The Three Degrees - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Mighty Mighty - Earth, Wind & Fire
- Al Green - Let's Get Married
- Bloodstone - Outside Woman
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
- The Temptations - Heavenly
- The Staple Singers - Touch A Hand, Make A Friend
- Barry White - Honey Please, Can't Ya See
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?