Thursday 25 April 1974
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Emmanuel Burdeau and Sandra Borgmann.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia) by MFSB.
In UK Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks was in the top 5 hits.
The Lord's of Flatbush, directed by Martin Davidson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Tuesday The Rabbi Saw Red by Harry Kemelman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Little Doctor.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spasim or Elimination.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 25 April 1974 ?
- ANZAC Day (Australia, New Zealand).
- Saint Filo.
- Official Red Hat Society day.
- Carnation Revolution commemorated in Portugal (National Holiday).
- Roman Empire - Robigalia in honor of Robigus.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of Haile Selassie's visit to Jamaica.
- Fuck the Earth Day - Declared by Jon Stewart in the April 24th, 2006 episode.
- Swaziland - National Flag Day.
- Faroe Islands - National Flag Day.
- Sinai Liberation Day, (Egypt), Celebrates the withdrawal of Israeli troops from the Sinai peninsula.
- Saint Anianus
- Alice Day - celebration of the relationship between Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll.
- World Penguin Day
- Easter Sunday - 1886, 1943, 2038. In the Gregorian Calendar 25th April is the latest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (22nd March is the earliest).
- Yom HaShoah, or Holocaust Remembrance Day, falls on April 25 in 2006.
- Festa della Liberazione, (Italy), annual commemoration to mark the liberation of Italy at the end of the Second World War.
- Saint Ermin
- Saint Mark the Evangelist
- Emmanuel Burdeau
- Sandra Borgmann
- Tricia Dunn: Ice hockey forward (USA, Olympics - 1998).
- Libor Prochazka: hockey defenseman (Team Czechoslovakia Olympics-gold-1998).
- Twan Russell: linebacker (Washington Redskins).
- Louis Alphonse de Bourbon : Spanish-French nobility, a legitimist pretender to the defunct French throne as Louis XX.
- Louis Alphonse: Duke of Anjou.
- Dean Phoenix: American gay pornographic actor.
- Brad Hassell: Australian soccer striker (Olyroos, Olympics - 1996).
- NFL moves the goal posts and adopts sudden-death playoff.
- Marcello Caetano overthrown in Portugal; he is exiled to Madeira and later to Brazil (Carnation revolution).
- Leo Tindemans forms Belgium government.
- An all-female Japanese team summits Manaslu in Nepal, becoming the first women to climb an 8,000 metre peak.
- The Expo '74 World's Fair opens in Spokane, Washington.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- MFSB - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me
- Grand Funk - The Loco-Motion
- Ringo Starr - Oh My My
- Blue Swede - Hooked On A Feeling
- Redbone - Come And Get Your Love
- Jackson 5 - Dancing Machine
- Jim Croce - I'll Have To Say I Love You In A Song
- Bobby Womack - Lookin' For A Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?