Tuesday 25 March 1986
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charley Bagnall and Kyle Lowry.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Rock Me Amadeus by Falco.
In UK Chain Reaction by Diana Ross was in the top 5 hits.
The Money Pit, directed by Richard Benjamin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while The Bourne Supremacy by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mezon Ikkoku.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ghosts 'n Goblins or Aardvark.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1986!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1986 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Charley Bagnall: Guitarist.
- Kyle Lowry: American basketball player.
- Marco Belinelli: Italian basketball player.
- Megan Gibson: American softball player.
- Kurt Browning (Canada) becomes 1st skater to land a quadruple jump
- Supreme Court rules Air Force could ban wearing of yarmulkes
- Walt Disney World welcomes the 500 millionth guest to enter a Disney park, Don McGrath.
- US Supreme Court rules Air Force could ban wearing of yarmulkes.
- The 58th Academy Awards are held in Los Angeles, California, with Out of Africa winning Best Picture, William Hurt Best Actor, and Geraldine Page Best Actress.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 March 1986
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?