Tuesday March 25, 1986US date format: 3/25/1986, UK date format: 25/3/1986
This day in 30 sec.
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on March 25, 1986). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charley Bagnall and Kyle Lowry.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Rock Me Amadeus by Falco.
In UK Chain Reaction by Diana Ross was in the top 5 hits.
Critters, directed by Stephen Herek, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while Joanna'S Husband And David'S Wife by Elizabeth Forsythe Hailey was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Magnus.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Big Bucks Trivia or Fast Tracks: The Computer Slot Car Construction Kit.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 March 1986
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1986!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1986 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Charley Bagnall: Guitarist.
- Kyle Lowry: American basketball player.
- Marco Belinelli: Italian basketball player.
- Megan Gibson: American softball player.
- Kurt Browning (Canada) becomes 1st skater to land a quadruple jump
- Supreme Court rules Air Force could ban wearing of yarmulkes
- Walt Disney World welcomes the 500 millionth guest to enter a Disney park, Don McGrath.
- US Supreme Court rules Air Force could ban wearing of yarmulkes.
- The 58th Academy Awards are held in Los Angeles, California, with Out of Africa winning Best Picture, William Hurt Best Actor, and Geraldine Page Best Actress.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Janet Jackson - What Have You Done For Me Lately
- Cherrelle With Alexander O'Neal - Saturday Love
- New Edition - A Little Bit Of Love (Is All It Takes)
- Prince And The Revolution - Kiss
- The Gap Band - Going In Circles
- Teddy Pendergrass - Love 4/2
- Rene & Angela - Your Smile
- Nu Shooz - I Can't Wait
- Aretha Franklin - Another Night
- Eugene Wilde - Diana
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?