Tuesday 25 May 1909
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 25, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Léo Lapara and Lucien Servanty.
The Intruder, directed by Jack Brame, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 May 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 May 1909!
Which were the important events of 25 May 1909 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Urbanas Diena observed
- Saint Reinolf
- Saint Marie-Madeleine-Sofie Barat (died 1865)
- Virginia - Confederate Memorial Day (1868)
- Argentina - Day of May Revolution/National Day (1810)
- Towel Day, in memory of Douglas Adams, is observed in ?
- The Ascension, one of the great feasts in the Christian liturgical calendar
- Saint Bede the Venerable (died 735)
- Saint Frederic
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury
- Saint Bruno of Wnrzburg
- The former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Day of Youth
- Saint Hildebert
- Chad, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe - African Liberation Day
- Officially declared Carrie Underwood Day in Oklahoma for her winning American Idol
- Jordan - National Day/Arab Renaissance Day (1946)
- Africa Day commemorating the 1963 fouding of he AU's precursor, OAU
- United States - Memorial Day/Decoration Day, a legal holiday (1868)
- Lebanon, Liberation Day (1999)
- Saint Pope Gregory VII (died 1085)
- Léo Lapara
- Wilbur Mills: Politician.
- Lucien Servanty: French aeronautical engineer.
- René Escaich: Toulouse Writer.
- Alfred Kubel: German politician 5th Prime Minister of Lower Saxony (d. 1999).
- Marie Menken: American experimental filmmaker and socialite (Born 1909).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1909 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- American Ragtime - Billy Murray
- Softly and Tenderly - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
- Meet Me in Rose-Time, Rosie - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet