Monday 17 May 1909US date format: 5/17/1909, UK date format: 17/5/1909
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 17, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Magda Schneider and Giulio Carlo Argan.
The Intruder, directed by Jack Brame, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 May 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1909!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1909 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Magda Schneider: German actress and singer in operatic films and musicals.
- Giulio Carlo Argan
- Julius Sumner Miller: American physicist (d. 1987).
- Magda Schneider actress (Eva: Going Gay, Be Mine Tonight).
- Julius Miller: American physicist and academic (d. 1987).
- Giulio Argan: Italian politician, art historian and author, he was the mayor of Rome from 1976-1979 and senator.
- Edward Playfair: British senior civil servant.
- White firemen on Georgia railroad strike to protest hiring blacks.