Monday 17 May 1909
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Magda Schneider actress (Eva and Edward Playfair.
Sherlock Holmes IV, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while The Man in Lower Ten by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1909!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1909 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Magda Schneider actress (Eva: Going Gay, Be Mine Tonight).
- Edward Playfair: British senior civil servant.
- Julius Sumner Miller: American physicist (d. 1987).
- Giulio Argan: Italian politician, art historian and author, he was the mayor of Rome from 1976-1979 and senator.
- Magda Schneider: German actress and singer in operatic films and musicals.
- Julius Miller: American physicist and academic (d. 1987)
- White firemen on Georgia railroad strike to protest hiring blacks.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1909 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Shine On, Harvest Moon - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?