Thursday 25 May 1939US date format: 5/25/1939, UK date format: 25/5/1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on May 25, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Ian McKellen and Dixie Carter.
Wolf Call, directed by George Waggner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 May 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 May 1939!
Which were the important events of 25 May 1939 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Urbanas Diena observed
- Saint Reinolf
- Saint Marie-Madeleine-Sofie Barat (died 1865)
- Virginia - Confederate Memorial Day (1868)
- Argentina - Day of May Revolution/National Day (1810)
- Towel Day, in memory of Douglas Adams, is observed in ?
- The Ascension, one of the great feasts in the Christian liturgical calendar
- Saint Bede the Venerable (died 735)
- Saint Frederic
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury
- Saint Bruno of Wnrzburg
- The former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Day of Youth
- Saint Hildebert
- Chad, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe - African Liberation Day
- Officially declared Carrie Underwood Day in Oklahoma for her winning American Idol
- Jordan - National Day/Arab Renaissance Day (1946)
- Africa Day commemorating the 1963 fouding of he AU's precursor, OAU
- United States - Memorial Day/Decoration Day, a legal holiday (1868)
- Lebanon, Liberation Day (1999)
- Saint Pope Gregory VII (died 1085)
- Ian McKellen: British actor, an Oscar nominee in 1999...
- Dixie Carter: American actress whose primary medium...
- Francis Mer: French businessman, industrialist and...
- Ferdinand Bracke: Belgium sport Champion.
- Dixie [Virginia] Carter in McLemoresville: Tennessee, USA; actress (Designing...
- Emigdio Vasquez: American Chicano artist and muralist.
- Sir Frank Watson Dyson: English astronomer (Born 1868).
- Carl Storck becomes the second NFL president.