Tuesday 11 May 1909
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 11, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include René Bousquet and Ellis R Dungan.
The Intruder, directed by Jack Brame, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 May 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1909!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1909 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- René Bousquet: French government employee; appointed General Secretary of the Vichy police by Prime Minister Pierre Laval during WW II, 1942, a post he held until the end of the war in 1944.
- Ellis R Dungan: American born Indian film director (d. 2001).
- Isaac Azofeifa: Costa Rican poet, politician and educator.
- Jean Mollaret: Grenoble physician.
- Herbert Murrill: English composer (d. 1952).
- Ellis Dungan: American director and producer (d. 2001).
- Kurt Großkurth: German actor and singer (d. 1975).
- Jean Tusques: Marseille physician.