Sunday 30 May 1909US date format: 5/30/1909, UK date format: 30/5/1909
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 30, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Benny Goodman and Maurice Tirmarche.
The Intruder, directed by Jack Brame, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 May 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 May 1909!
Which were the important events of 30 May 1909 ?
- Saint Reinhilde
- Peru ? National Potato Day .
- United States ? Memorial Day (originally ? currently last Monday in May).
- Saint Ferdinand III
- Saint Gabinus
- Saint Jeanne d'Arc
- Trinidad and Tobago ? Indian Arrival Day(National Holiday).
- Benny Goodman
- Maurice Tirmarche: Clermont-Ferrand Painters.
- Norris Bradbury: American physicist (Born 1909).
- Jacques Canetti: French talent-spotter (d. 1997).
- Freddie Frith: English motorcycle road racer (d. 1988).
- National Conference on the Negro is held.
- Reuben Siegel laid cornerstone of first home in Tel-Aviv.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1909 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- American Ragtime - Billy Murray
- Softly and Tenderly - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
- Meet Me in Rose-Time, Rosie - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet