Thursday 26 May 1938
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Teresa Stratas [Anastasia Stratakis] and William Elden Bolcom in Seattle.
You and Me, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while The Citadel by A. J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Spelling Bee.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 May 1938!
Which were the important events of 26 May 1938 ?
- Saint Germain of Paris
- Blessed Pieter of Ter Duinen
- Saint William of Aquitaine
- Saint Simitrius
- Saint Philip Neri (died 1595)
- Saint Lambert (d.1154)
- Saint Berenger (died 1093)
- Georgia - National Day
- Poland - Mother's Day
- Australia - National Sorry Day
- Teresa Stratas [Anastasia Stratakis]: Toronto, Ontario -- Soprano (Salome).
- William Elden Bolcom in Seattle: Washington, USA; composer (Oracles).
- Jackie Liebesit: rocker (Can).
- Michel Ciment: French film critic and the editor of the cinema magazine Positif.
- Teresa Stratas: Canadian opera singer, a soprano of Greek heritage.
- William Bolcom: American pianist and composer
- Pauline Parker: New Zealander murderer
- Lyudmila Petrushevskaya: Russian playwright and novelist
- K Singh: Indian director and producer (d. 2013)
- House Committee on Un-American Activities begins work.
- In the United States, the House Un-American Activities Committee begins its first session.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?