Saturday April 26, 1986US date format: 4/26/1986, UK date format: 26/4/1986
This day in 30 sec.
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on April 26, 1986). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John DeLuca and Daniel Sharman.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Kiss by Prince.
In UK A Different Corner by George Michael was in the top 5 hits.
The Sacrifice, directed by Andrei Tarkovsky, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while The Handmaid'S Tale by Margaret Atwood was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Magnus.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing BMX Simulator or James Bond 007: Goldfinger.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 April 1986
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 April 1986!
Which were the important events of 26 April 1986 ?
- World Intellectual Property Day (since 2001).
- Florida and Georgia, USA - Confederate Memorial Day.
- Shi'a Islam - Mawlid, Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Tanzania - Union Day.
- Feast day of the following saint in the Orthodox Church: Stephen of Perm - also Old Permic Alphabet Day
- Trudpert (Irish monk martyred in Germany in 607).
- Lucidius (4th century)
- Saint Cletus (Pope Anacletus) and Marcellinus (Popes and martyrs)
- Paschasius (d. 865)
- Richarius or Riquier (d. 643)
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Alda (d. 1309)
- John DeLuca: Actor.
- Daniel Sharman: Actor.
- Lior Refaelov: Israeli footballer.
- Yuliya Zaripova: Russian runner.
- Actor / body builder Arnold Schwarzenegger weds newscaster Maria Shriver
- Game between Angels and Twins delayed for 9 minutes by strong winds
- Worst nuclear disaster, 4th reactor at Chernobyl USSR explodes, 31 die
- Firestone World Bowling Tournament of Champions won by Marshall Holman.
- A nuclear reactor accident occurs at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant in the Soviet Union (now Ukraine), creating the world's worst nuclear disaster.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Prince And The Revolution - Kiss
- Nu Shooz - I Can't Wait
- Stephanie Mills - I Have Learned To Respect The Power Of Love
- The Jets - Crush On You
- Patti LaBelle & Michael McDonald - On My Own
- Falco - Rock Me Amadeus
- I'm Not Gonna Let (You Get The Best Of Me) - Colonel Abrams
- Party Freak - Ca$hflow
- The Gap Band - Going In Circles
- The S.O.S. Band - The Finest
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?