Friday 26 December 2008
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) by Beyonce.
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, directed by David Fincher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while American Lion by Jon Meacham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching World War II in Color.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Boogie Bunnies or Bratz Ponyz 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 December 2008!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 26 December 2008 ?
- First day of Kwanzaa
- Australia - Proclamation Day (South Australian public holiday), for the foundation of the Australian state of South Australia on December 28, 1836 but commemorated on this day.
- Wrenboys celebrate Wren in Ireland
- Period of Ursids meteor shower ends about this day
- Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia - Tsunami Awareness Day/Tsunami Memorial (or Remembrance) Day
- Mandala Pooja at Sabarimala in Kerala, India
- First day of Junkanoo street parade in the Bahamas (the second day is on the New Year's Day)
- Wren day in Ireland and the Isle of Man.
- Boxing Day in the Commonwealth of Nations.
- The first day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- St. Stephen's Day, a public holiday in Catalonia, Croatia, Czech Republic, and the Republic of Ireland.
- R.C. Saints - Saint Stephen
- South Africa - Day of Goodwill, a public holiday
- Slovenia - Independence and Unity Day (1990)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 December
- Gosta Krantz: Swedish actor (Born 1925).
- China's People's Liberation Army Navy begins escorting three warships (two destroyers and one replenishment oiler) to the Gulf of Aden to combat piracy in Somalia. (Xinhua)
- Ten suspected former members of the Kosovo Liberation Army are arrested in Serbia. (BBC)
- Pakistan deploys between five and twenty thousand additional troops along its border with India. (Washington Post)
- South Korean television workers strike to protest legislation that would permit cross-ownership of newspapers and broadcasters. (Joongang Daily)
- China's J-10B, the newest member of the Chengdu J-10 family (also known as the '''FC-20'''), makes a successful maiden flight at Chengdu. About 36-100 of these J-10Bs will be delivered to the Pakistani Air Force this year under the designation ampquotFC-20ampquot
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 26 December 2008
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Burnley - Barnsley : 1 - 2
- Charlton - QPR : 2 - 2
- Crystal Palace - Norwich : 3 - 1
- Ipswich - Birmingham : 0 - 1
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Barrow - Wrexham : 1 - 1
- Burton - York : 2 - 1
- Cambridge - Histon : 2 - 2
- Eastbourne Borough - Lewes : 1 - 0
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Brighton - Colchester : 1 - 2
- Bristol Rvs - Milton Keynes Dons : 1 - 2
- Carlisle - Huddersfield : 3 - 0
- Crewe - Oldham : 0 - 3
League 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Barnet - Aldershot : 0 - 3
- Brentford - Bournemouth : 2 - 0
- Bury - Darlington : 2 - 2
- Chester - Accrington : 2 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?