Sunday 21 December 2008
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Live Your Life by T.I..
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, directed by David Fincher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vaulting.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Brothers in Arms: Double Time or Asphalt 4: Elite Racing.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 2008!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 21 December 2008 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 December
- Gwadar Port, Pakistan, becomes fully operational.ref name=quotThe_Dawnquot
- The winning design for the replacement of the iconic Routemaster double-decker bus is announced by London mayor Boris Johnson. (BBC News)
- Continental Airlines Flight 1404 skids off the runway at Denver International Airport, injuring 38 of the 110 passengers on board. (Bloomberg)
- Iranian police raid and close Nobel Peace Prize laureate Shirin Ebadi's Children's Rights Support Association prior to a planned celebration of Human Rights Day. (Reuters via ''International Herald Tribune'')
- Canada announces a US$3.3 billion bailout for its troubled automotive industry. (CNN)
- 2008 Russian financial crisis: Russian Internal Troops quell a protest in Vladivostok over higher tariffs on imported used automobiles. (AFP via News Limited)
- Clashes between rioters and the Hellenic Police continue near the National Technical University of Athens in Greece. (AFP via Google News)
- The Oberoi Trident and Taj Mahal Palace Tower hotels in Mumbai reopen less than a month after the November terrorist attacks. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 21 December 2008
Serie AItalian Football
- Atalanta - Juventus : 1 - 3
- Cagliari - Reggina : 1 - 1
- Catania - Roma : 3 - 2
- Chievo - Genoa : 0 - 1
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Kortrijk - Westerlo : 0 - 0
- Standard - Gent : 2 - 1
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Betis - Ath Bilbao : 0 - 1
- La Coruna - Recreativo : 4 - 1
- Mallorca - Sevilla : 0 - 0
- Numancia - Valladolid : 4 - 3
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Alaves - Tenerife : 1 - 2
- Xerez - Gimnastic : 1 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?