Monday 29 December 2008
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) by Beyonce.
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, directed by David Fincher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Van Vlees en Bloed.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alien Crush Returns or Bomberman Touch: The Legend of Mystic Bomb.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 2008!
Which were the important events of 29 December 2008 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 December
- Freddie Hubbard: American trumpet player and composer (d. 2008).
- Bangladesh holds its general elections after two years of political unrest over the interim government.
- President of Somalia Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed resigns. Parliamentary Speaker Adan Mohamed Nuur Madobe will take over for 30 days, in which time the legislature will select a new head of state. (BBC)
- Bangladeshis vote in their country's general election. (BBC)
- Liverpool F.C. player Steven Gerrard is arrested following an altercation at a Southport nightclub and subsequently charged with Section 20 grievous bodily harm. (BBC)
- An Ebola outbreak in West Kasai in the Democratic Republic of Congo kills 11 people. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 29 December 2008
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Blackpool - Wolves : 2 - 2
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Mansfield - Burton : 0 - 2
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Man United - Middlesbrough : 1 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?