Tuesday 26 January 1971
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Min Tang and Jon Heidenreich.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Knock Three Times by Dawn.
In UK Grandad by Clive Dunn was in the top 5 hits.
Vanishing Point, directed by Richard C. Sarafian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Islands In The Stream by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dave Allen at Large.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or Computer Space.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1971!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1971 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Min Tang: Hunan, China -- Tennis star (1995 Futures-Canberra AUS).
- Jon Heidenreich: WLAF guard (Frankfurt Galaxy).
- Lee Naylor: Australian 400m runner (Olympics-1996).
- Lamar Mills: WLAF defensive end (Amsterdam Admirals).
- Bryan Callen: American actor.
- Mikel Delzangles: French racehorse trainer, who took out his licence to train in 2001.
- Deathprod : Norwegian rapper and producer (Supersilent and Motorpsycho)
- Dorian Gregory: American actor and television host
- Charles Manson convicted of murder
- Dutch 2nd Chamber accept law against limitation of war crimes
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?