Monday 16 March 1903
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 16, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Morgan Conway and Nikolai Lopatnikoff.
Miniature Prize Fighters, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 March 1903
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1903!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1903 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Nikolai Lopatnikoff: Revel, Estonia -- Composer (Variaioni Concertanto).
- Morgan Conway: actor (Dick Tracy).
- Roger Charpentier: France Scientist.
- Henri Fischer: St Jeand'Angely physician.
- Mike Mansfield: American politician and diplomat 22nd United States Ambassador to Japan (d. 2001).
- Roy Bean: American jurist.