Saturday 26 January 1957
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 26, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Road Warrior Hawk and Shivlal Yadav.
In UK Singing The Blues by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Wings of Eagles, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while King Of Paris by Guy Endore was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tomahawk.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 January 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 January 1957!
Which were the important events of 26 January 1957 ?
- Roman Empire - third day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra.
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Timothy and Titus
- Saint Paula
- Saint Alberic
- Margaret of Hungary
- International Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Uganda - Liberation Day.
- India - Republic Day - One of only three state holidays in India, celebrated with pomp and a military parade in New Delhi.
- International Customs Day.
- Australia - Australia Day.
- Road Warrior Hawk: American professional wrestler (Born 1960).
- Shivlal Yadav: Indian cricketer and manager.
- India annexes Kashmir.
- Joseph F Cairnes succeeds Lou Perini as president of Milwaukee Braves.
- Dutch PSP, Pacifist Socialistic Party, forms.
- The Ibirapuera Planetarium (the first in the Southern Hemisphere) is inaugurated in the city of São Paulo, Brazil.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1957 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?